Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Semper Fi


I'm not going to fill this post with a whole lot of info, I am just going to ask that you please be in thought and prayer for Corey and I.

I was fortunate enough to experience a milestone in Corey and I's life while watching him swear into the United States Marine Corps on September 1st!! He is scheduled to leave for boot camp on January 17, 2011. I am thankful that we know an exact date...it is so much more helpful knowing that when you're trying to "prepare" yourself to not see or speak to your husband for 3 months. I have gotten so much good advice from a lot of people (thank you!), had endless conversations and q&a sessions with our Recruiter, and talked to countless other Marines and Marine wives. I am very conscious of the sacrifices Corey and I will end up making in our marriage and our lives by joining the Marines. On that same note, we feel like we are gaining so much more in return. Corey and I both believe that there is nothing more rewarding than serving your country and doing it for the right reasons. I don't think this experience will weaken the two of us as individuals or as a couple, if anything I believe that it will strengthen us more than anything and show us a side of life we would have otherwise never experienced.

Not a day goes by that I don't remind Corey how proud of him I am. I have been told that as a Marine wife, I will have the second most coveted job in the military. I am glad that one day, our children will be able to say that their Daddy was a Marine and I hope that fills them with the same sense of pride it does me. To me, that is what makes this decision we've made worth it. Here's to our future and seeing where the Marine Corps takes us!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment