Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fall, finally!

It's Fall, my favorite season.
I love the smells, colors and holidays...but definitely not the part about school starting again. This is my last semester at at Santa Fe, it's taken me forever just to get this far and I'm excited that it's almost over. I was accepted into St. Leo, but with Corey going into the Marines we've decided to wait and see where we're going to end up before I start my BA since it all varies state to state for my major. No point in starting at a school and transferring, not knowing if any of my credits will transfer with me. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Finally, things are starting to fall into place. Corey swears into the USMC on September 1st in Jacksonville! After that we'll know his for sure leave date for bootcamp. I'm glad things are finally happening, it makes me feel better knowing actual dates and not just time frames. I'll add pictures later of my hubby swearing in! He makes me proud!

Corey goes on Friday to get his wisdom teeth taken out. I hate it for him...I had mine taken out two years ago and he took such good care of me the entire time. It was not a fun experience for me but he's tough and I'm glad we are able to get this taken care of before bootcamp. It gives me a little more peace of mind that it will be one less thing he (and I) has to worry about.

I officially met my niece, Elli, for the first time last night. She is absolutely perfect, of course. Erica (my sister-in-law) was induced a month early due to a few complications and Elli made her grand entrance via c-section. Josh and Erica brought her home on Friday and she already has everyone wrapped around her extra tiny finger. It's cute seeing my brother with a baby, especially since it's his baby. I love being an aunt...very few things make me happier than spending time with my nieces and nephews. Corey and I can not wait to start a family, but until then I will enjoy my sister and brother's kids as much as I possibly can :)

I will try to keep everyone updated on whats going on with Corey. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they are truly appreciated!!


Oh, Look what I found....

This was 2003, our Junior Homecoming. HILARIOUS! Just wanted to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment