Monday, August 16, 2010

The Hardest Part

"Do not be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."


I remember meeting Brittney when we both worked at Winn-Dixie in high school. We became friends right away and just never stopped. Six years later, she is still like a sister to me. Tomorrow, Britt is leaving for boot camp. She enlisted in the Army Reserve sometime last year and her husband, Joe, is active duty in the Army. When she graduates from bootcamp and AIT, her and Joe are moving to Kentucky, where Joe will be stationed. To say that I am proud of Britt is an understatement. She has gone through so many obstacles in her life that could have easily steered her in a very bad direction, but instead she has made herself into a person that I look up to. I admire her in so many ways...for her strength, loyalty, honesty and her heart.

Britt, you have been my best friend for the past 6 years. You have made me realize what it means to make sacrifices...for family, for love, and for our country. To tell you that I will miss you just doesn't seem like enough. I hope you know how proud of you I am. I hope this journey that you and Joe have set out on is filled with success, happiness and joy. I will miss our dinner dates and shopping trips and I just hope Skype doesn't start charging! I love you Britters!

Jordann, Kacie and I (and Joe) decided a few weeks ago to throw Britt a Surprise going away party...the only problem is that Britt always finds these things out! With a lot of planning and secret phone calls and text messages from Joe, we successfully pulled off the surprise!! Jordy, Kace and I had a blast planning everything and seeing it all come together.


You'll always be my little croissant :)

1 comment: